Monday, June 20, 2011

The Big 35

My husband celebrated his 35th birthday yesterday. Yes, it was shared with Father's Day this year. The last time this happened was 6 years ago when we found out we were pregnant with Landon. Such a great memory!

If you know my husband, he LOVES guitars. He is obsessed with everything that goes with guitars as well. He had emailed me a couple of months ago asking for a certain custom made guitar pedal called "The Little Black Buffer." We had a budget for our gifts and it was within that budget. I went ahead and ordered it for him that week and have had it for a while. He is worse than a kid when it comes to gifts and surprises. He kept asking if he could have his gift early because if it was this certain guitar pedal, he REALLY wanted to use it for Sunday morning worship, etc. I did not give in and give it to him early! I told him he had to wait until his actual birthday. Such a kid at heart! Needless to say, he loved it and was glad I got it for him.

I thought it would be fun to get some band members/friends together for a birthday dinner last night as well. We enjoyed our dinner at Cheddar's with great friends and conversation. Sundays are always very busy, so it was a great end to a busy day! Nate is very blessed with great friends that love him!

Kari, April, Louis, and Nate

Andy, Sarah, and kids


April and Louis


James, Abi, and kids


Curtis, Becca, and Nate


Andy didn't like the edamame. Too salty.

1 comment:

  1. haaa he must have really dipped it in a lot of salt!!!

    ReplyDelete