Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Birthday Blast

Last week my good friend Katie emailed me and wanted to get some girls together for my birthday. As I get older I try not to remember my age, but birthdays are always fun no matter how old you get! We all went to Haruno for some sushi! It's one of my favorite local places here. It was good to sit in peace without the kids demanding attention, pulling on you, asking you questions, wanting to go to the bathroom, etc. As much as I wouldn't trade those times, I also enjoy those times where I don't have to do that. Girl time is much needed and if you don't have good girlfriends in your life, I highly recommend it. Sometimes you just have to put yourself out there if you are shy and not outgoing. I will never forget meeting my friend Cami when we moved here. We were at a small group function at church. Afterwards, I went up to her and introduced myself to her and we hit it off! She is still a friend of mine to this day. All it took was just one small conversation and a willing spirit. I love meeting new people and my husband always tells me I could have a conversation with a wall. My nickname from him is "curious Kari." I guess I ask a lot of questions to people and like to talk. If you ask me to see a movie or to just sit and talk, I would rather just sit and talk.

It was good to spend time with these girls and I missed my other girlfriends. God has so blessed me with encouraging, sweet, Godly, and honest friends.

"Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep." Romans 12:15.


Katie and Jerica

Katie and me

The girls

Jerica and me

April and me aka the best aerobics instructor.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa! I'm the best?? woo hoo that puts me up there with Jillian! You are good about striking up a conversation but that's a very good hospitable thing! I know to never ask you to a movie! heee JK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you are up there with Jillian! Go April!

    ReplyDelete