Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sunday's Sermon

Today was a great day at our church. The worship was amazing and God was really working on some people this morning. That is an amazing thing to witness.

We are covering the book of James for a while at our church. I love the book of James. It is probably the oldest book in the New Testament. We see in the book of James a challenge to us as believers to not just "talk the talk," but to "walk the walk." We covered the first half of James 2 today. Andy (our teaching pastor) focused on favoritism. Do we show favorites? Absolutely we do! We show favorites in a lot of areas of our life. My mind kept rolling with so many ideas for him to speak about. My mind never does this. It was kind of a distraction. His main points were very good, but I wanted him to go deeper with some of them. I told Nate I should have preached the sermon. :-) I am anxious to talk to Nate more about this as we only touched briefly on it this afternoon. I think what I like most about this book is that it is black and white with so many issues us as Christians struggle with. It's plain and simple. I like that.

Are you showing favoritism in the workplace? In your friendships? In yourself?






2 comments:

  1. I am positive you would have taught a great lesson! And it is so true the importance of living what we teach. Inspiring, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like James. He is a no-nonsense, tell-it-like-it-is guy. One of my favorite NT books.

    ReplyDelete