Thursday, November 10, 2011

Friends in Low or High Places

The people in our lives are important to us. We see the value of them in our lives and try to maintain a relationship in the midst of work schedules, family time, and personal time. I remember talking to a friend of mine right after I had Landon. I remember talking about how some of our relationships change after having kids. A lot of your time that you once had is gone to help maintain those relationships. This was one thing I struggled with after having a child. To be honest, my "friendship pool" slowly diminished and changed. It sounds really bad but I am being very honest and truthful. I didn't have the time to "keep up" with some of them and they slowly changed. Rather that is right or wrong, it happened.

I LOVE talking to friends. I LOVE knowing how they are doing, what they are doing, what they like to do, where they are from, latest recipes, tips on parenting, new ideas, etc! I want to be the encourager and prayer warrior for them. Thank goodness for my journal to write these things down! This verse says it all to me. Proverbs 27:9 says "The heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume and incense." I want to truly know what is going on in my friends lives. I want to truly pray for them and see the outcomes. I want to truly encourage them daily as we are called to do!

When is the last time you took time to ask your friends what is going on in their lives? Do you know if they are in high or low places in their lives? Do you know what they are struggling with? Take time and make time for them.

2 comments:

  1. So true! Good words of wisdom. Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great writing! At first I was thinking of the Garth Brooks song, Friends in Low Places and was wondering which type of friend I was :)...Ha! I appreciate your prayers!

    ReplyDelete