Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Kindergarten Eve

Kindergarten Eve? I can't believe it. Landon is starting Kindergarten tomorrow. I am very calm but very anxious. Can I be that way? I don't know if that makes sense, but it does in my mind. I have his outfit ironed, his lunch packed, and his backpack ready to go. I am so excited for him. It's a new chapter for him and for us. He is ready to learn. He loves it and craves it. I pray it stays that way.

I was talking to a friend the other day over lunch about what I am most anxious about. Landon has been with me for five years. Yes, he has gone to preschool for three hours a day, but that's all. I know what he is doing, I am controlling what he sees, I am controlling what he hears, etc. My prayer this summer has been that the Lord would protect him for evil. I pray that the Lord puts people in Landon's life that love the Lord and follow Him. We have been so blessed with fantastic teachers. I know we are going to see that continue. Nate and I have a peace about all of this. As much as I want to keep him home and protect his eyes, ears, and heart, I realize that's not the best for him. He needs socialization, he needs to learn, he needs friends. Oh, and Mommy needs some down time! Ha!

This evening I went and celebrated my friend Katie's 30th birthday! We went to Touch Restaurant. The food was wonderful but the service was not so wonderful. I will just say you had to be there to enjoy the humor behind the remarks the server was making. He didn't receive a good tip from any of us. We still had a blast in the midst of bad service.

Enjoy your "eve!"

Katie's friends


The Birthday girl

No comments:

Post a Comment